[ic] Problem creating new user

Michael Goldfarb interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 9 17:03:00 2002

>I am running IC 4.8.3 On Linux 7.2.

>My problem is when users fill out the form to create a new user
account,
>everything works fine but when they click the button to submit, it just

>returns the entry form (still filled out). The new user is created, but
the
>customer doesn't realize it since it just returns the form again. As a
>result, I get multiple users that are the same, and email from the
>customers saying something is wrong. Any ideas why it returns the same
form
>page instead of a thank you page?

We handle this for some of our clients by creating a new page with the
exact same information with a text message on the top that says
something like "Your Account Has Been Created"

Just change to something like this on your account.html page:

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE=account_created.html>