[ic] Newbie has questions and needs some help

Michael Goldfarb interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 9 17:58:01 2002

>I'm brand new to Interchange and I'd like to get pointed in the right
>direction
>for customizing it. My questions are:

>1. How do you customize the appearance of the store
>2. How can I add my own logo
>3. How to I add extra buttons, ie. "View your cart".

>The RedHat docs suck and I'm trying to have a usable website by
Halloween, >so any help would be greatly appreciated

>Thanks,
><McNeil>$

I actually thought about answering your email out of the goodness of my
heart even though all of your questions have been addressed multiple
times in the documentation and with this list.

However, your comment that the "RedHat docs suck" is completely out of
place.  Please keep in mind that this is free software that is
incredibly well supported by those who use it. It is an active community
where people go to exchange ideas and get help with IC related issues.
Also, there is a core group of people out there who know more about this
product then the rest of us could ever hope to who take their time
bringing the rest of us up to speed and do so without soliciting money
for each piece of advice and chunk of their timw.

Instead of complaining about documentation (that you have obviously not
even done more then glance at) you should try thanking the people who
are behind Interchange for providing such a powerful and scalable piece
of software.

Good luck.