[ic] Re: table_editor.tag translate

Andrei Gologan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Sep 10 09:27:02 2002

> Andrei Gologan writes:
>
> > Hallo,
> >
> > I need to change the phrases used in table editor. I found that they are
> > stored in the table_editor.tag file. Ok I can change it in there but
they
> > would be active for all catalogs and they will be overwritten with
> > interchange updates. I need it only for one catalog.
> >
> > How can I do that ? Or how can I specify an alternative table_editor.tag
> > file only for one catalog ? Like table_editor_de.tag for german or so
>
> Do you need this for the catalog itself or for the table editor in
> the UI ?
>
> Most of the text in the table editor should be prepared
> for translation, e.g. by means of errmsg(), so you just
> need to add the translations to your locale database.
>
> If you find chunks of text in the table_editor.tag which
> isn't prepared for translation, please notify me.

for example:

$mlabel = ($opt->{message_label} || '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<B>Bold</B> fields
are required');

how do I translate the "Bold fields are required"  text above ?

ok for single words such as Cancel I just put it into the locale DB and
wrote the german translation to de_DE and it works. But not with the text
above.

Thank u
Andrei