[ic] UNIX/INET and tlink/vlink

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Sep 10 10:35:02 2002

Nick Spitzer wrote:

> Hey everyone-
>
> With the help of people on the list, I've narrowed my problem down to
> a tlink/vlink error. My
> problem has been that, despite absolutely no error messages in the
> interchange error.log,
> the catalog's error.log, or apache's error_log, I'm still getting a
> "we're sorry, interch is unavailable"
> page.
>
> I've checked permissions on everything, recompiled tlink and vlink,
> upgraded interchange,
> all with no success. Reading through documentation, it seems as though
> I can switch between
> tlink and vlink, thus switching between UNIX and INET mode (?). I'm
> not very familiar with this
> and I was wondering if this would help me with another angle to try.
>
> It's without a doubt a communication error between the cgi link file
> and interchange, but I
> can't seem to find the breaking point.
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> Nick

i dont know if this is your problem - but when i had that happen to me
recently i found that the cgi stub(the cgi link file?) did not have the
suid bit set. if you're sure its a vlink/tlink error then ignore me but
do check that. if i had only spotted it earlier i could have saved a lot
of time...

good luck,

John