[ic] complex sql select statements

marc.brevoort interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Sep 10 12:59:01 2002

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 17:50, you wrote:

>> Are you saying it is an invalid query?

> I am saying that the query is failing, so it tries to run the query
> through SQL::Statement to determine the table name and see if *that*
> table can pass the query. With the complex query, SQL::Statement cannot
> determine which table it is.

Is it more important to have working code or to have *this* code work?
Sure, a larger query is more practical to write, but is splitting the query
into simpler single-table queries an option? Mike just sounded like using
only one table at a time might help you bypass the SQL::Statement
problem.

grtz
MRJB