[ic] complex sql select statements

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Sep 10 13:11:00 2002

marc.brevoort wrote:

>On Tuesday 10 September 2002 17:50, you wrote:
>

>>>Are you saying it is an invalid query?
>>>

>>I am saying that the query is failing, so it tries to run the query
>>through SQL::Statement to determine the table name and see if *that*
>>table can pass the query. With the complex query, SQL::Statement cannot
>>determine which table it is.
>>

>Is it more important to have working code or to have *this* code work?
>Sure, a larger query is more practical to write, but is splitting the query
>into simpler single-table queries an option? Mike just sounded like using
>only one table at a time might help you bypass the SQL::Statement
>problem.
>
>grtz
>MRJB

Its a hefty enough page, i imagine making seperate requests and then
jamming them together will slow it down too much. I could look into the
feasability of doing that but if at all possible i'd like to trace the
cause of this problem and put a stop to it.

Thanks for the suggestion though - it may just come to that!

John