[ic] Cleaning up my code?

marc.brevoort interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 11 11:23:01 2002

Hi group,

In the Interchange project that I'm working on, the pages that I'm working on
are starting to contain lots and lots of Perl code, to the point where
finding back a particular piece of code takes a lot of scrolling in the file.

I'd like to move some subroutines to external files. Unfortunately 'use' and
'require' are disabled by default by IC's 'safe' mode. Also, a 'sub' defined
in one perl block is out of scope to the next one. Thus, using the 'include'
tag does not seem to be very useful.

Does anyone have similar issues? What have you done about it?

Regards,

Marc Brevoort