[ic] 500 error after upgrade to 4.8.6 - FIXED!

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 11 11:51:01 2002

At 11:15 AM 09/11/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>From: "Rene Hertell"
>
> > > I do still have an issue with plus and minus buttons to add to
> > > the number in
> > > the text box on the results.html page.  If anybody has any ideas, I'd be
> > > very willing student!
> >
> > I did not really understand what you meant last time when you asked about
> > the + and - buttons. Do you want to increase and decrease some values with
> > JavaScript in a field?
> >
> > Rene
> >
>Exactly!  What I was trying to figure out was how to add or subtract from
>the Quantity box on the results.html page.  All of our products come in pack
>quantities, 36 for example.  So, I need a plus button which will add 36 in
>this case, and another which will subtract 36 from the Qty text box.
>
>This seemed like a simple enough thing, and in a regular html page it is,
>but nothing I've tried has worked in IC (I'm customizing the Foundation
>Demo).  This is what my last attempt looks like:

>type=text name=mv_order_quantity size=3 value="36"></td>
>onClick="this.form.mv_order_quantity.value -= 36"></td>
>onClick="this.form.mv_order_quantity.value += 36"></td>
>
>Am I even close?  This one has haunted me for a while now!  Thanks for any
>help you can give!

Other issues aside, the main reason this won't work is that all the
quantity inputs on the results page have the same name (mv_order_quantity).
I am not a javascript guru, but I don't think that there is any way your
script can differentiate the qty input for one product from the next. You
could probably get this to work on the flypage, since there is typically
just one item order form there, but I can understand that you need this
functionality on the results page.

So I would guess that your remaining options are a) change the pricing and
description of the item so that '1' = 1 box of 36, or b) use a selector for
qty, which offers multiples of 36, going to a very high limit.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax