[ic] Override of item_subtotal : SOLVED

Tim Nelson interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 11 15:10:03 2002

After weeks of banging my head against the wall I was able to override the
item_subtotal routine in Data.pm.  Thought I would post this in case other
users were having trouble overriding other IC functions.  Key items here
are using the typeglob to reference item_subtotal and surrounding the
entire code with BEGIN { } to get it be worked on at compile time rather
than load time.  Much thanks to Mike and Cursor...

GlobalSub <<EOS
   sub override_item_subtotal {
      BEGIN {
      package Vend::Interpolate;
      *item_subtotal = \&Vend::Data::item_subtotal;
      package Vend::Data;
      sub item_subtotal {
         # Do something meaningful here.
         return 1.23;