[ic] How to access another directory from /pages?

Interchange User interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 11 16:34:01 2002

My client needs to use javascripts for their Interchange site, to be
called from html files under /pages.  These javascripts are in *.js
files, which I presume should not be kept together in the /pages
directory, right?

However, if I put the *.js files into another directory, say ../js
(where /pages is the current directory), how should I call these js
files from my html files in /pages ?  I tried the following, but both
 failed:

<script language="JavaScript" src="js/menu.js"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="../js/menu.js"></script>

What should be the correct way to call the js files?