[ic] 500 error after upgrade to 4.8.6 - FIXED!

Philip Alves interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 11 18:33:01 2002

> Quoting Philip Alves (philip.alves@sympatico.ca):
> > From: "Rene Hertell"

I'd be

> > > I did not really understand what you meant last time when you asked
about
> > > the + and - buttons. Do you want to increase and decrease some values
with
> > > JavaScript in a field?
> > >
> > > Rene
> > >
> > Exactly!  What I was trying to figure out was how to add or subtract
from
> > the Quantity box on the results.html page.  All of our products come in
pack
> > quantities, 36 for example.  So, I need a plus button which will add 36
in
> > this case, and another which will subtract 36 from the Qty text box.
>
> From: "Mike Heins"
>
> That's easy.
>
> [page href=ord/basket
> form="
> mv_action=refresh
> mv_orderline=[item-modifier mv_ip]
> mv_order_item=[item-code]
>                        mv_order_quantity=[item-calc]
>                                         my $current = [item-quantity];
>                                         $current -= 36;
>                                         return 0 if $current < 1;
>                                         return $current;
>                                         [/item-calc]
>                 "]Subtract 36</A>
>
>         [page href=ord/basket
>                 form="
>                         mv_action=refresh
>                         mv_orderline=[item-modifier mv_ip]
>                         mv_order_item=[item-code]
>                         mv_order_quantity=[item-calc]
>                                         my $current = [item-quantity];
>                                         $current += 36;
>                                         return $current;
>                                         [/item-calc]
> "]Add 36</A>
>
> Actually, that exposed a bug in 4.9 whereby you can't do an increment
> minus or plus if you use the mv_orderline addressor.

Mike, and everyone else, thanks for all the help!  I've been playing with
this since what I need is an update to the text box on the page.  I wish it
was as simple as sending someone to another page as soon as they clicked one
or the other.

Jonathan, thanks for letting me look at your code.  I tried doing something
inspired by yours, but kept getting errors on the page.  It expected objects
in various places, including the <body ...> line.  Other than that, your
example does exactly what I need to do, except for the other cool bells and
whistles you've got.  That stuff I don't need, just the plus and minus
buttons.

Again, thanks for all the help!  IC and this developers community rock!