[ic] Credit Card Question

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 11 19:04:01 2002

> It's more of a accounting/order/inventory package than
> a credit batch processor.  The app takes care of the
> credit card billing when the items are ready to ship.
> Standard non-encrypted PTC file. If I were to get more
> clients on the software asking for a gateway into IC I
> might consider writing an actual gateway that updates
> credit card and shipping status.  But seeign how the
> economy is at the moment I'm not holding my breath.
>
> Back in MV days you could get the etc/report file to
> basically output all of the data you would want, in
> pretty much any format you wanted.  I agree with
> making the default option require encrypt.  But
> locking it in is very limiting for those who want to
> bridge into brick and morter apps with out writting a
> payment gateway. It's not like I'm storing the numbers
> on the server.  My goal is to get them shipped off on
> a private connection as quick as posible.
>
> So, it looks like I have two options:
>
> 1) change vend.pm to give me raw data.  Which really
> doesn't work if you'd like to update the software.
>
> 2) Leave both public and private keys on the server.
> Change my conversion/transfer program to call gpg.
> Enough to fool a script kiddie.  Not enough to fool
> someone who knows what they are doing.  Then again,
> I'm not storing the information on the server, and if
> someone get's root I can think of at least three other
> places you could mofify the system at to get the raw
> data for new orders.

Perhaps there's a third option:

Interchange 4.9 has a Vend::Accounting module which has been designed
to transfer order data to an accounting system via "interface" modules,
much like Vend::Payment and its various interface modules.

I haven't played with the Vend::Accounting::SQL_Ledger module, but I'm
sure you could create something similar to interface with your POS system.