[ic] Matrix Option Woes

Charles Adams interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 11 23:33:01 2002

I'm having trouble with Matrix Option, Separate Widgets

I'm building a store to sell workbenches, where each has many optional
features that may or may not add price to the bench.  Following the steps
below creates a problem with matrix/separate options.
1) I create the item in the UI
2) I select matrix, with separate
3) I create the options in the UI, editing each to specify price and o_sort
to control the display order
4) I "Create all possible combinations"
So far, so good.. the product displays in the cart with options in the right
order and prices displayed in the drop-down boxes.
HOWEVER - when selecting an option and recalculating or buying, the product
reverts to its original "default" state and the error log reports:
	Attempt to order missing product code:
BS-4830-s:WH-O:C-f:DG-H-AL:Y-P:E6-L:Y-Y-M:Y <code here of course varies as
the various options are selected/deselected>
CURIOUSLY if I then change the "option type" from "matrix with separate" TO
"simple", the options work and recalcs & check outs calculate the correct
"enhanced" item price BUT the sort order of the options displayed in the
cart and at check-out is now NOT following the specified o_sort order... the
items in the simple mode are displayed in the order of CREATION, not the
o_sort order specified.
Am I doomed to accept irrationally placed options that calc properly?  Any
help would be appreciated!

Chuck Adams
MotherboardZone
caadams@MotherboardZone.com