[ic] Matrix Option Woes

Wed Sep 11 23:44:01 2002

Quoting Charles Adams (caadams@MotherboardZone.com):
> I'm having trouble with Matrix Option, Separate Widgets
>
> I'm building a store to sell workbenches, where each has many optional
> features that may or may not add price to the bench.  Following the steps
> below creates a problem with matrix/separate options.
> 1) I create the item in the UI
> 2) I select matrix, with separate
> 3) I create the options in the UI, editing each to specify price and o_sort
> to control the display order
> 4) I "Create all possible combinations"
> So far, so good.. the product displays in the cart with options in the right
> order and prices displayed in the drop-down boxes.
> HOWEVER - when selecting an option and recalculating or buying, the product
> reverts to its original "default" state and the error log reports:
> 	Attempt to order missing product code:
> BS-4830-s:WH-O:C-f:DG-H-AL:Y-P:E6-L:Y-Y-M:Y <code here of course varies as

>From the docs:

  The product code, or SKU, must be the first field in the line, and must
  be unique. Product codes can contain the characters A-Za-z0-9, along
  with hyphen (-), underscore (_), pound sign/hash mark (#),
  slash (/), and period (.). Note that slash (/) will interfere with
  on-the-fly page references. Avoid if at all possible.

In other words, your selection of ":" as part of your option name
is *probably* what is blowing you away...

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown