[ic] complex sql select statements

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 12 06:30:02 2002

Mike Heins wrote:

>Quoting John Allman (allmanj@houseofireland.com):
>

>>Can you suggest something in the configurations which might be causing
>>this? or can you suggest a way to trace the exact source of the problem?
>>The only real difference between the catalogs that i can see is that one
>>uses two databases...
>>

>No. That is what a consultant would do. You don't get top-level specific
>help for nothing.

Fair enough. I made a copy of the databases from the other catalog that
it was accessing for the cattable and products tables, and after
updating the DSN connection strings and user/passwords it now works fine
with no errors. apparently the issue was related to accessing two
databases. This solution will do me for now, although it means if i want
to keep the databases in sync i'll have to dump the tables and load them
into the other database. If there is something that springs to mind that
might be causing this behaviour please let me know as this solution is
fairly ugly. Otherwise, thanks for all your help.

John