[ic] Matrix Option Woes

Brian Kosick interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 12 11:11:01 2002

At 10:24 PM 9/11/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm having trouble with Matrix Option, Separate Widgets
>
>I'm building a store to sell workbenches, where each has many optional
>features that may or may not add price to the bench.  Following the steps
>below creates a problem with matrix/separate options.
>1) I create the item in the UI
>2) I select matrix, with separate
>3) I create the options in the UI, editing each to specify price and o_sort
>to control the display order
>4) I "Create all possible combinations"
>So far, so good.. the product displays in the cart with options in the right
>order and prices displayed in the drop-down boxes.
>HOWEVER - when selecting an option and recalculating or buying, the product
>reverts to its original "default" state and the error log reports:
>         Attempt to order missing product code:
>BS-4830-s:WH-O:C-f:DG-H-AL:Y-P:E6-L:Y-Y-M:Y <code here of course varies as
>the various options are selected/deselected>
>CURIOUSLY if I then change the "option type" from "matrix with separate" TO
>"simple", the options work and recalcs & check outs calculate the correct
>"enhanced" item price BUT the sort order of the options displayed in the
>cart and at check-out is now NOT following the specified o_sort order... the
>items in the simple mode are displayed in the order of CREATION, not the
>o_sort order specified.
>Am I doomed to accept irrationally placed options that calc properly?  Any
>help would be appreciated!
>
>Chuck Adams
>MotherboardZone
>caadams@MotherboardZone.com
>512-345-8427 Voice
>888-581-0022 Fax
>
>http://www.MotherboardZone.com

If it helps, I'm having the exact same problems with matrix option single
widget, with the same error.  Also of note is when I try to enter in a
stock number, the error log indicates that it is a read--only table...  I'm
about to try editing the Admin UI page with some write flags....

Brian Kosick
Web Programmer
New Age Consulting Service, Inc.
216-619-2000