[ic] Perl Package Problems

Schuyler W Langdon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 12 18:49:00 2002

> On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 14:17, dpiland@members.vectec.org wrote:
> > Ok, a very newbie question, I have a RH 7.2 running Apache and I'm
getting
> > a bunch of Perl package "missing" like this...
>
> When attempting to install interchange from RPM
>
> > perl-Business-UPS is needed by interchange-4.8.6-1
> > perl-Digest-MD5 is needed by interchange-4.8.6-1
> > perl-MIME-Base64 is needed by interchange-4.8.6-1
> > perl-Safe-Hole is needed by interchange-4.8.6-1
> > perl-SQL-Statement is needed by interchange-4.8.6-1
> > perl-Storable is needed by interchange-4.8.6-1
> > perl-URI is needed by interchange-4.8.6-1
> > perl-libnet is needed by interchange-4.8.6-1
> > perl-libwww-perl is needed by interchange-4.8.6-1
> >

> > Any suggestions on how to get them?
>
> If you want to proceed with rpms:
> ftp://updates.redhat.com
> http://www.rpmfind.net
> your 7.2 CDs
>
> If you want to install via source, have a google. At any rate, if you
> want to install IC with an rpm, you will need to satisfy these
> dependencies. Good luck.
>

> > David Piland
> > Portco

You could follow the instructions in the "getting started guide" and install
Bundle::Interchange before you start.

perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange'

The only drawback with this is that "MCPAN" will try to install perl 5.8.
However, installing them manually isn't really that much trouble.

Schuyler Langdon
GatorDev