[ic] Help with PGP for manual credit card processing

Brian Kosick interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 13 11:51:00 2002

At 12:21 PM 9/12/02 -0400, you wrote:

>Running Interchange 4.8.6 and am trying to set up PGP so I may receive
>credit card information via mail for manual processing.
>
>My host (123ehost.com) uses Cpanel 5.0 and my understanding from
>reading earlier posts is that my public key needs to be put in
>the .gnupg directory on the server where the catalog runs.  The return-
>path from any generated ordered is cpanel@computer.mywwwserver.com
>
>I made the request to my host and just received this answer from their
>programer.
>
>"OK after much research I couldn't find why would you need to put his
>pgp public key in the.gnupg directory of the user running interchange.
>What I found was that the user who's running interchange must have
>the .gnupg directory in his home directory which on your server is
>done. Unless your client could point out where he's getting this info
>I couldn't be able to tell you if it's ok to do this or not. See all
>the clients on that server are running interchange with the same user,
>I wouldn't know what would happen to other users if we put the
>specific pgp public key for his domain into that directory."
>

>  PGP   /usr/bin/gpg --no-default-keyring --always-trust --
>keyring /home/.gnupg/pubring.gpg -e -a --batch -t -r '%s'
>
>PGP_KEY 0FF66594
>

>I am not getting any email for the order, although the customer order
>confirmation is going out.  Any ideas on what is wrong?

Also, try this, so that you can see any GPG errors

PGP   /usr/bin/gpg --no-default-keyring --always-trust --
keyring /home/.gnupg/pubring.gpg -e -a --batch -t -r '%s' 2>
/<dirpath>/gpgerror

Brian Kosick
Web Programmer
New Age Consulting Service, Inc.