[ic] Newbie has questions and needs some help - check list for setting up a new store...

Charles Adams interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Sep 14 08:29:03 2002

Here's my basic check list for setting up a new store...

All these directories below assume catalogs/yourcatalog/...

+ edit pages/index.html to get create you store's "look"
+ upload your logos to logo.gif and logo2.gif in www/cart/images/foundation/
+ change variable COMPANY in products/variable.txt to "Your Company Name"
+ change templates/foundation/theme.cfg file to change the background colors
of the theme - the items below we commonly customize
Variable  LINK			#993333
Variable  LINKHOVER		#FF3333
Variable  MAINCONTENT_FONT	Arial,Helvetica,San Serif
Variable  MAINCONTENT_FONTSIZE	12px
Variable  CONTENTBAR1		#FFFFCC
Variable  CONTENTBAR2		#FFFF99
Variable  CATEGORYBAR_FONT	Arial,Helvetica,San Serif
Variable  CATEGORYBAR_FONTSIZE	11px
Variable  CATEGORYBAR_LINKHOVER	#CC3333
Variable  MENUBAR_BG		#3333CC
Variable  MENUBAR_FONT		Arial,Helvetica,San Serif
Variable  MENUBAR_FONTSIZE	11px
Variable  MENUBAR_WEIGHT	normal
+ To add a "section-area" (vertical menu items) to the left panel: go to
Admin interface, select
  "Design" button, add an "area-section" (e.g. "Blue Widgets").   You can
also create a "static" home page if your application dictates... all left
hand links are static and programmatically generated by code we wrote when
the store prices are updated (daily)
http://www.motherboardzone.com/~motherbo/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/index.html
+ change etc/order.number to make the order number fit your stores style,
e.g. ABCxxxxxxxx.
+ edit pages/aboutus.html and pages/contact.html to reflect who you are and
how to reach you.
+ Set up payment gateway - gateway specific instruction are required - we
use Authorize.net
+ Set up PGP using the e-mail instruction. Caution: need to put our keyring
under the useid used to run interchange(in our case "cpanel").  Only need
this if you are encrypting CC number for transmission via e-mail.
otherwise, skip this step.
+ change
templates/foundation/regionsLEFTONLY_BOTTOM,LEFT_RIGHT_BOTTOM,NOLEFT_BOTTOM
to change page headers, footers, remove the of the "powered by red-hat"
image, etc.
+ change pages/advancedsearch.html to customize advanced searching behavior.
e.g
http://motherboardzone.com/~motherbo/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/advancedsearch.html
+ change TAX rate: from the admin interface->preference->Tax, add the state
tax to "variable" field.
+ edit flypage.html to change the product display look
http://aboveboardmfg.com/~aboveboa/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/BS-4830.html
+ edit results.html to change to basic search results look

I hope this helps - Interchange is a GREAT tool!!

Good luck!

Chuck Adams
MotherboardZone
caadams@MotherboardZone.com