[ic] Re: Interchange - Modifying Orders

Actormailings.com info interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Sep 14 14:06:02 2002

> Message: 6
> From: "David Etheredge" cpu.dave@att.net
> To: "interchange-users@interch"
> <interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com>
> Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:26:29 -0000
> Subject: [ic] Modifying Orders
> Occasionally, I need to modify orders... Add an Item, Change shipping,
> etc.
> What is the best way or how can it be done. I have tried using the cart,
> but I can not find how to make these changes.
> Thanks,
> David

As a simple fix for adding items and/or changing shipping after the fact,
you can simply edit the orderline or transaction tables.  But PLEASE do this
with caution.  I personally would only do this to exchange like items or add
items to the order.  (I run a theater box office and frequently have to
change tickets from one night to another.)

It's very important to be safe with this.  You don't know until you already
messed it up how important it was to have that information.  For example, a
change as seemingly as benign as a shipping address:
You go into the transactions table and change the address.  But your
shipping dept. already shipped the item to the old address.  You no longer
have that information in your system, because IC thinks you've shipped to
the new address.

Please use this with caution.  I want this info to help, not completely
break down your system!
Jordan

Donate to the Troubadour Theater Company - without spending a dime!!
Save money on Long Distance, Internet, or cell phone service.  A portion of
the proceeds are donated to Troubadour
http://www.wealthgeneration.org/phonefree