[ic] Loading of SQL table failing

Schuyler W Langdon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Sep 15 00:53:00 2002

> I'm having roubles converting from dbm to MySQL.  I have managed to bring
up a smaller table without any issue, but the products table will not load.
I had added the additional fields, and double checked them against my
original products.txt, and it is perfect.  Where I may be running into
problems is the lack of documentation on all of the fields used in the
.mysql file.  Anyway, I'm stuck...

> I have the debugging enabled, if you need to see all of the details...
BTW, this is 4.8.6...

> Barry
>
> - - - [14/September/2002:21:15:50 -0400] - - table 'products' failed:
products import failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' '', '',
'', 'X', 'X', 'X', 'X', '', '098.pdf', 'T3')' at line 1

> --
>
> Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO
>
> E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028

It looks like a problem with the insert statement syntax, rather than your
table structure, but if the field count in your text file doesn't match the
field count in the db table I imagine that would cause problems. You might
want to try the "Load Data" statement from the mysql prompt instead of the
ic admin UI.
--
Schuyler Langdon
GatorDev