[ic] Ex Miva Merchant Users?

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 16 22:49:01 2002

> I have been using miva Merchant for many many years, but I am now looking
at
> alternatives.

    I think the difference between Interchange and other ecommerce solutions
becomes highly evident when you try to develop sophisticated ecommerce sites
(as opposed to just "putting up a cart").  Right now I am implementing the
design shown at http://shop.sophee.com/html/ and
http://www.cmainteractive.com/clients/sophee and would definitely have a
monster of a time doing something like that under Miva.  I would go so far
as to say it would almost be impossible to do that level of customization
with Miva  I don't even think you can call it customization when it gets to
that level.
    So, the more sophisticated your requirements are the more obvious the
difference becomes.  It's like the difference between a professional racecar
and a kid's tricycle.

Jeff