[ic] Won't send any emails

Billy J. Mayberry interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Sep 17 00:13:00 2002

Nothing, nada, zilch.

This my error

Unable to send mail using /usr/lib/sendmail

I have since searched for an answer but to no luck.

I have :

rh 7.0
apache 1.3.22
qmail1.03 rpm
interchange 4.8.6

Not only does interchange not work but formmail and other scripts don't work
either.

Althought this script:

==============
#!/usr/bin/perl

open SM, "|/usr/lib/sendmail bill\@thecomputercorner.net";
print SM "From: Test\nTo: Test\nSubject: test\n\n";
print SM "This is a test.\n";
close SM;

==============

Works from the command line:

[root@dufus /interchange]# perl /usr/local/src/qmail/testsendmail.pl
[root@dufus /interchange]#

And 2 seconds later I get the email.

When I locate sendmail:

[root@dufus /interchange]# whereis sendmail
sendmail: /bin/sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail.old
/usr/lib/sendmail /usr/lib/sendmail.old
[root@dufus /interchange]#

How do you set the sendmail path in interchange? I think that there might be
a -? something on the end of the path?

I have cats already setup so starting over is not an option. (yet)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you,

Billy J. Mayberry
Owner/Partner/Webmaster
The Computer Corner
www.thecomputercorner.net

<<snippet of log>>

0-1pool180-36.nas2.columbus1.oh.us.da.qwest.net bE3tPVZK:qwest.net -
[17/September/2002:00:00:47 -0400] thecompu /cgi-bin/thecompu/process.html
Unable to send mail using /usr/lib/sendmail
> To: sales@thecomputercorner.net
> Subject: ORDER TEST0009
>

> ---bE3tPVZK-4328:=29205
>

> -     ORDER DATE: Tue 17 Sep 2002 12:00:46 AM EDT
>     ORDER NUMBER: TEST0009
>      LEAD SOURCE:
>    REFERRING URL: https://secure.thecomputercorner.com/thecompu/
>
>             Name: Bob Jones
>          Company: ABC Company
>    Email address: bill@mail.mtgileadonline.com - EMAIL COPY REQUESTED
>    Mail List Req: offer newsletter alert upgrade
>
>          Address: 123 Main Street
> City, State, Zip: Delaware, OH  43015
>          Country: US
>

>   Payment Method: Credit Card (visa)
>
>   Account Number: 41**1111      Expiration: 1/09
>

>  Shipping Method: UPS Ground Residential
>
>    Daytime Phone: 740-383-4919
>    Evening Phone: 740-383-4919
>

> Quan  Item No.    Description                            Price
Extension
-----
>   1   CD0005      Aopen 52X                             $37.53
$37.53

>                                                  SUBTOTAL
$37.53
>                                                  SALES TAX