[ic] filtering search results or refining results or searching within results

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Sep 17 14:43:01 2002

Jeff Dafoe wrote:

> > Probably the best way to do it is to use
> $Session->{last_search}. But you
> > have to do that at the very top of the page if you want to make sure
> > you get the one that came in via the form.
>
>     A quick look in the archive reveals that you have
> answered this question
> multiple times... oops.  I did look extensively before
> asking, hopefully my
> subject line will help others have better success at finding it in the
> archive.
>     The $Session->{last_search} worked great, I throw it into
> a scratch
> variable at the _very_ top of the results page.  Then, when
> the user selects
> the type of result filter he wants, I use a horrific piece of
> code I wrote
> to modify the search parameters and then re-issue the
> modified search via
> bounce.  The whole concept resulted in exactly the desired results.
>

> Jeff

hey jeff, this sounds like a great feature and I have actually thought
about doing this recently, would you mind posting your code of
how you did it ?

thanks,
Aaron