[ic] Problems Installing Ver 4.8.6

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Sep 17 22:32:00 2002

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, DB wrote:

D>>> In trying to install Version 4.8.6 on 2 different servers I get these
D>>> errors:
D>>>
D>>> not ok 2
D>>> link/unixmode.........not ok 3 (ok= def: 1 connect: Connection refused
D>>> )
D>>>
D>>> # When the above test fails, it may be due to your ISP or some other
D>>> # mechanism blocking port 8786.
D>>>
D>>> server/inetmode.......Undefined subroutine &main::set_lock_type called at
D>>> blib/script/interchange line 2766.
D>>>
D>>> not ok 4
D>>> link/inetmode.........not ok 5
D>>> server/control........not ok 6
D>>> ok 6
D>>> 6 tests run -- 6/6 failed.
D>>> make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 1
D>>>
D>>> The Linux is Slackware 8.1
D>>>
D>>>
D>>> -= Jim =-
D>>I got the tarball of 4.8.6 installed on a Slack 8.1(.01) box without any
D>>trouble. It went out and downloaded all the perl modules and whatnot,
D>>which took awhile. But once it finished all was well.
D>>
D>>I didn't use the stock apache... I used a custom compiled apache/openssl
D>>which I did with apachetoolbox. You'll want to update the apache from
D>>Slack 8.1 anyway (unless you have Slack 8.1.01, which includes apache
D>>1.3.26) and openssl 'cuz of the recent problems.
D>>
D>>Try rolling your own apache/openssl. Use removepkg to yank apache and
D>>openssl first of course. With apachetoolbox, building a custom apache is
D>>truly trivial.

I've had 4.6 running since July of last year. There are a couple of things
that aren't working right, and rather than get laughed at for running an old
version, I wanted to install the new one, and then ask.

I'm not running Apache. It's too convoluted. I've run WN for years.

But, this installation is not getting even that far because of the errors.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Tuesday, September 17, 2002 at 22:25 PM:
I'd love to, but I have to stay home and see if I snore

This Linux System has been up 135 hours