[ic] dbi:Pg DSN remote postgresql database connections

Wed Sep 18 03:07:02 2002

Quoting Matthew J. Harmon (mjh@itys.net):
> The error I am receiving is:
> run "createdb nexpedition"? y
> psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>          Is the server running locally and accepting
>          connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
> createdb: database creation failed
> Command returned error code 1: No such file or directory
> done.

This seems like it is just a "makecat" error. You should be able
to run createdb yourself, then just start up the catalog. In short,
the error is benign except that you must run createdb manually.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Be patient. God isn't finished with me yet.  -- unknown