[ic] Passwording a catalog... is it possible???

Rene Hertell interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 18 03:21:00 2002

> Is it possible to use .htaccess to set up an IC catalog so that
> you have to
> enter a username and password to enter?  It would be my dev catalog which
> runs alongside my live catalog.  I've been trying to get it to work, but I
> really don't think it will.  I don't want to use the regular IC logged_in
> system because then I wouldn't be able to test not being logged in in the
> dev catalog.  Any ideas?

You probably have to put your shop.cgi file in a different directory, and
password-protect that one. But why the trouble, when you don't spread around
the url of the dev-catalog, then no-one will find it...

Rene