[ic] interchange boging down system?!!?!?

Dan Browning interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 18 05:06:03 2002

At 11:58 PM 9/17/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>My whole computer that's set up to run my server was starting to run very
>slow. I have a pent 400 256ram. I finally shut interchange off (by
>rebooting) and it started to run great again.
>
>Any feedback on this. I thought the computer I had was just fine. Does
>interchange slow cpu's down that much. When I was calling up a page from
>another computer on foundation it was taking like ages.

IC has a built-in "housekeeping" feature that kills off wayward IC
processes, so it is more likely that some other program on your system
(webserver, database, etc., etc.) is doing something to pollute your cache,
spawn wasteful processes, etc. until a reboot.  Note that with only 256mb
ram, that wouldn't be very difficult. :-)  If it is your own box, I'd
recommend spending the $50 or what-have-you and quadruple your ram.

Please refrain from using ?!!?!? anywhere in your correspondence (under
penalty of robust disdain).

-Dan