[ic] Keeping database and text files in sync

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 18 10:10:02 2002

At 11:47 AM 9/18/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>I could be way off, but it appears that a problem that i have been
>experiencing recently with a loop statement is related to my mysql table
>and the text file in products/ for that table have gotten out of sync. For
>example a product with a code 473 has a completely different definition in
>each. I know that there is an "auto-export" checkbox in the admin
>interface, but i'm wondering if there's some way to tell interchange to
>grab all the info in the mysql table and overwrite the current text file
>with it?
>
>thanks
>
>John Allman

Another approach to this is to just ensure that you are reading data from
the mySQL table, not the text file. st=db in any search will take care of
this, and I believe you can set this as the  default condition (if it is
not automatically the default by now) with MV_DEFAULT_SEARCH_DB (set it to
'1').

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax