[ic] Keeping database and text files in sync

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 18 10:54:02 2002

Jerry Brady wrote:

>>>Another approach to this is to just ensure that you are reading data
>>>from the mySQL table, not the text file. st=db in any search
>>>

>>will take
>>

>>>care of this, and I believe you can set this as the  default
>>>

>>condition
>>

>>>(if it is not automatically the default by now) with
>>>MV_DEFAULT_SEARCH_DB (set it to '1').
>>>
>>>- Ed L.
>>>

>>Thanks! That sounds remarkably useful. In catalog.cfg i assume.
>>

>It's in products/variable.txt.
>
>Jerry Brady
>Blue Circle Technologies

Hmm - i looked in there and found the following:

MV_DEFAULT_SEARCHTYPE_DB        1       Database

i found no MV_DEFAULT_SEARCH_DB. I am using interchange 4.6.5.
Has MV_DEFAULT_SEARCHTYPE_DB become deprecated or are the two unrelated?

John