[ic] (no subject)

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 18 19:29:01 2002

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:

BTJ>>From: "Barry Treahy, Jr." <Treahy@MMaz.com>
BTJ>>
BTJ>>Jim Balcom wrote:
BTJ>>
BTJ>>>I am trying to install IC from the tarball. I've tried both 4.8.6 and 4.9
BTJ>>>
BTJ>>>I run configure and after it manifies a bunch of files, I get this error:
BTJ>>>
BTJ>>>Manifying blib/man3/icconfig.8
BTJ>>>Manifying blib/man1/update.1
BTJ>>>Manifying blib/man1/offline.1
BTJ>>>PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/local/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
BTJ>>>-I/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux -I/usr/lib/perl5 test.pl
BTJ>>>server/unixmode.......Undefined subroutine &main::set_lock_type called at
BTJ>>>blib/script/interchange line 2766.
BTJ>>>
BTJ>>>not ok 1
BTJ>>>
BTJ>>>
BTJ>>>If I let it go, it finds 5 more errors before it quits. I posted them
BTJ>>>yesterday.
BTJ>>>
BTJ>>>In /usr/local/src/interchange-4.8.6/blib I found an error log which
BTJ>>>contains:
BTJ>>>
BTJ>>>- - - [17/September/2002:18:51:31 -0400] - - Undefined subroutine
BTJ>>>&main::set_lock_type called at blib/script/interchange line 2766.
BTJ>>>
BTJ>>>
BTJ>>These last errors are all runtime.  As for the original build failing,
BTJ>>you may have mentioned yesterday which OS you are running on, but not
BTJ>>today.  I just installed 4.8.6 on two different RH 7 versions yesterday
BTJ>>and it was flawless, so perhaps it is your distribution which is hosed?

I'm running Slackware 8.1.

On this same machine and same OS, I am running version 4.6.3 and have been,
as a production store, since July 4, 2001. That works fine except for a
problem with orderline, and that the UI won't recognize 'catagory' on the
products file. I was hoping that by upgrading that the two problems would go
away.

Perhaps Version 4.8 requires Red Hat to run?

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Wednesday, September 18, 2002 at 19:20 PM:
Buy a Pentium Pro 200 so you can reboot faster.

This Linux System has been up 156 hours