[ic] How To Search For Products Based On Different Attributes Of The Product

Matthew Villa interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 18 23:57:00 2002

I need to allow customers to search for products based on the attributes
of a particular product type.

The company who I work for sells tobacco related products. One of their
products is rolling papers. This type of product contains various
attributes such as size, paper type, brand, and flavor.

I currently have a product catalog written with a custom back-end. We
are migrating to Interchange for our store-front. So, we are going to
abandon our current system and need to support Interchange for this
project. Below is a link of our current product list page for rolling
papers. As you can see you can search for different types of papers
based on the attribute of that product. Here's the link:

http://www.1percent.com/pl/2/1/

We inform customers that we sell a box of rolling papers when they view
the product display page. We would like to tie in the packs and boxes so
the customer can see they can either order a single pack of rolling
papers or a box of that particular item.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can solve this problem? Any feedback
would be appreciated.

Matthew R. Villa
1Percent.com, Inc
Web Developer