[ic] Writing to a file other than with Log tag?

Thu Sep 19 12:10:01 2002

Quoting marc.brevoort (marc.brevoort@armazemdedados.com):
> > > Is there another way to allow me to have the Interchange server write
> > > files, without disabling safe mode?
> >
> > There are two ways.
> >
> > One is to use the UI-based [write-relative-file ...] tag, which has the
> > advantage of automatically creating needed directories.
>
> Hm, first time ever I heard about the [write-relative-file] tag.
>
> > The other is to use the (I believe documented) file spec:
> >
> > 	[log file=">the_file" type=text]The stuff.[/log]
>
> Turns out I've been looking in the wrong places; the > indeed turned out to
> be documented. I hadn't expected this because the default is append... Anyhow
> things are working OK now, thanks!

It wouldn't make the sense for the default in a 'log' tag be to
destroy the previous entries in a log.... 8-)

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.