[ic] Quantity Discounts

Thu Sep 19 13:31:00 2002

Quoting Russell Mann (tech@khouse.org):
> > Quoting Matthew Villa (matt@1percent.com):
> > > I'm interested in implementing a feature where customers can receive a
> > > discount based on the quantity they order for a particular product type.
> > > I notice that Interchange only supports quantity discounts for a
> > > particular item. I would like to offer quantity discounts based on which
> > > category the product has been assigned to. I was wondering if this
> > > feature has already been implemented. And, if so where can I find the
> > > source code so I can customize my cart to support this feature?
> >
> > I just did this for a client. I am sure he would be happy to have
> > you share the cost of it. 8-)
> >
> > Knowing him, he will eventually give it away. I won't until I get
> > around to putting the feature in IC 4.9/5.0, which will be in a
> > month or two.
> >
> > --
> > Mike Heins
> > Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://www.perusion.com/
>

> How is this different than using the price_group field in the pricing
> database?  I use a perl script to make new entries for this, if I have a
> bunch of products that need to be put in the same "price_group" and have the
> same quantity discount pricing structure.

You don't have to have a pricing entry for every product, for one.
And it has configurable break points. Here is some sample data:

code            price_group     break           price
                test1           2               10
                test1           5               8
                test1           8               7
                test1           10              6

At that point, the products:price_group field of a product just
needs to contain 'test1'. The quantity breaks can be different
for every price group.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous