[ic] inet mode question

Dennis Chen interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 19 14:22:01 2002

I have 2 servers.  1 server outside the firewall and 1 web/database server
within our firewall.  When on 4.8.5, I could not access my admin site from
the internet, but only from the internal ip.  Do I need to recompile the
link file and copy it to the server outside the firewall so that only users
within the firewall can access the admin site or perhaps just configure
apache to allow only users in the ip range that I specify? (which would
require some research).

ie. when IC 4.8.5 was setup, I could access the admin when I go to
http://172.16.1.19/site but not from the internet but when upgraded to
4.8.6, when I go to http://172.16.1.19/site, it gets redirected to
http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/site/admin/login

Couldn't find anything relevant in the mail list so here I am.
Thanks!
Dennis