[ic] Want (Need) More Group Tour Business

Robert Brandtjen interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 19 22:37:01 2002

On Thursday 19 September 2002 07:58 pm, Jim Balcom wrote:
> This hack looks at the IP address of the system that is trying to conta=
ct
> me. If it can not do a reverse look-up on that IP address, it rejects t=
he
> mail. Most spammers are gathering up Class C's like baseball cards and =
> have to fight tooth and nail to get one. They set up the IP's with the =
bare
> minimum to get on the air and don't bother with the reverse look-up.
> (Perhaps they don't know how?)

That's not necessary, you simply choose reverse lookups when contructing =
a=20
sendmail.mc file. All the host of the list need do is subscribe to black=20
hole, (can be done in sendmail.mc) and then deny access from vario's serv=
ers=20
with the anti spam features built into sendmail. it should also be set to=
=20
report auto-magically those that have been banned - for those who want to=
,=20
you can go to http://mail-abuse.org/rbl/ and report Vario, if they are an=
=20
open relay, they will be in mucho trouble in no time. All servers that=20
subscribe to rbl will stop accepting their mail, then their users will=20
scream, and they will be forced to fix it.

I for instance have banned all chineese domains - why? well, it cut down =
on my=20
spam by about 90%.
--=20
 Robert Brandtjen