[ic] Want (Need) More Group Tour Business

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 19 23:05:01 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Robert Brandtjen wrote:

RB>>That's not necessary, you simply choose reverse lookups when contructing a
RB>>sendmail.mc file. All the host of the list need do is subscribe to black
RB>>hole, (can be done in sendmail.mc)

I attempted to subscribe to Black Hole. They have some very high prices,
whcih I was willing to tolerate, but they don't return e-mail.

 and then deny access from vario's servers
RB>>with the anti spam features built into sendmail.

Those aren't as complete as they are with the hack added.

RB>>you can go to http://mail-abuse.org/rbl/ and report Vario, if they are an
RB>>open relay, they will be in mucho trouble in no time.

You are probably quite right. I lost interest in them when they wouldn't
take my money. -)

RB>>I for instance have banned all chineese domains - why? well, it cut down on my
RB>>spam by about 90%.

I've done them, as well as Brazil and Taiwan.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Thursday, September 19, 2002 at 22:55 PM:
Trill: The musical equivalent of an epileptic seizure.

This Linux System has been up 184 hours