[ic] Item Options --how?

Mark Bryant interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 20 04:01:03 2002

At 00:56 20/09/2002, you wrote:
>So far I have been able to achieve using item options so long as the price
>doesn't change.  What I am trying to build however is a store wherein
>items that are a different size are charged higher rates, even though it
>is the same item.  I don't want to have to set up three seperate items
>because I don't want to have three thumbnails displayed if they all turn
>up on a search.  Any advice here would be great, as I'm currently pounding
>my head on my desk.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Mike

Hi Mike,

Simple options should be able to sort you out here.

In "item option editor" enter the following:

Name: Size
Label: Size

Then in the text area you can state your size options. (eg  Small, Medium,
Large)

S=Small
M=Medium
L=Large

Then click "create option"

That's the basic option created, now you need to organise the pricing.

To do this go into "administration -> tables" and click on the options
table. Find the option you just created. It will be coded with the same SKU
as the item but with -Size on the end of it. eg   "PY0001-Size"

Scroll down to the price field and now we are ready to enter the pricing
optins for the various sizes:

The price of the small is assumed to be the price you put in for the item
in the first place. Then, assuming the medium is $10 more expensive than
the small and the large is $20 more than the small the line to put in the
size input line would be:

M=10.00,L=20.00

Then press OK to save

What this says is: If medium or large are selected, increase the price by
$10/$20 accordingly when adding to the shopping cart.

Anyway, that should now give you 3 options for your product when viewing
the item in your shop. The medium and large options will have the price
difference in brackets next to them in the dropdown of options :o)

eg.

Small
Medium ($10.00)
Large ($20.00)

Hope this helps :o)

Mark

vwe internet ltd
EMail - info@vwe.net
WWW - http://www.vwe.net/
Tel - 0870 737 3369
Fax - 0870 737 4469
Tech Support - 0906 470 3369*
*UK only. Calls charged at 60p/min at all times