[ic] divine, Inc. patent infringements

Robert Brandtjen interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 20 09:38:02 2002

On Friday 20 September 2002 12:27 am, Brandon Mercer wrote:
> There is nothing more
> frustrating than an arrogent lawer in the middle of a techincal issue
> with which they know nothing about.  You do need to act on this issue,
> but don't cooperate, just inform them of your stand and tell him that h=
> needs to be in touch with your lawer in the future.  If that doesn't
> work, there's always computer viruses! =3D-O =20

My self personally, I would tell him where to shove it. Let him bring the=
=20
lawsuit, then file a counter suit for "unspecified amounts in excess of=20
$50,000.00 (a cute way of sayiong millions, or what ever the jury will gi=
ve=20
as damages) for emotional stress for having to deal with a frivolous laws=
uit.

Lawyers like going on fishing expeditions, which is what he is doing- "tr=
ying=20
you on for size" as an elderly lawyer friend of mine used to say. In othe=
r=20
words, if your dumb enough to pay it, he will be happy to take it and get=
=20
his, most likely, 50% fee for having conned you. A $5,000.00 fee is not w=
orth=20
mounting the suit over.
--=20
 Robert Brandtjen