[ic] Want (Need) More Group Tour Business

Bill Carr interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 20 11:30:01 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 20:36, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Tabitha McCarter-Eidson (tabitha@coachquote.com):
> >
> > ------------------------------
> > WANT MORE GROUP TOUR BUSINESS?
> > ------------------------------
> > Then consider becoming a member of CoachQuote.com, the tour industry's only online, real-time tour booking resource that has taken the United States and Canada by storm since it's launch in September 2000. For more information, visit www.CoachQuote.com.
> >

> I think I have had it with these spammers.
>
> At the very minimum I would like to look at hooking up SpamAssassin to
> Mailman. I have been experimenting with it, and it seems to get about
> 90% of spam that passes my other filters.
I am using SpamAssain with Exim and it marked the message like this:
SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results
----------------------
SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been altered
SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar unwanted mail in future.
SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
SPAM:
SPAM: Content analysis details:   (11.3 hits, 5 required)
SPAM: Hit! (1.3 points)  'Received:' has 'may be forged' warning
SPAM: Hit! (2.7 points)  BODY: Nigerian scam key phrase ($NN,NNN,NNN.NN)
SPAM: Hit! (2.7 points)  BODY: Claims you can be removed from the list
SPAM: Hit! (-0.4 points) BODY: Contains a line >=199 characters long
SPAM: Hit! (2.0 points)  Received via a relay in relays.osirusoft.com
SPAM:                    [RBL check: found
163.224.58.161.relays.osirusoft.com., type: 127.0.0.4]
SPAM: Hit! (3.0 points)  DNSBL: sender is Confirmed Spam Source
SPAM:
SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results

I have been very happy with the SpamAssassin. It even lets me use a
MySQL table to store it's configurations for individual users. When I
get around to it I will create an IC page to let my users configure
their white_lists and such.

--
Bill Carr
Worldwide Impact