[ic] Want (Need) More Group Tour Business

Fri Sep 20 12:56:00 2002

Quoting Bill Carr (bill@worldwideimpact.com):
> On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 20:36, Mike Heins wrote:
> > Quoting Tabitha McCarter-Eidson (tabitha@coachquote.com):
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > > WANT MORE GROUP TOUR BUSINESS?
> > > ------------------------------
> > > Then consider becoming a member of CoachQuote.com, the tour industry's only online, real-time tour booking resource that has taken the United States and Canada by storm since it's launch in September 2000. For more information, visit www.CoachQuote.com.
> > >

> > I think I have had it with these spammers.
> >
> > At the very minimum I would like to look at hooking up SpamAssassin to
> > Mailman. I have been experimenting with it, and it seems to get about
> > 90% of spam that passes my other filters.
> I am using SpamAssain with Exim and it marked the message like this:
> SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results
> ----------------------
> SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been altered
[snip]
> SPAM: Hit! (3.0 points)  DNSBL: sender is Confirmed Spam Source
> SPAM:
> SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results
> ---------------------
>
> I have been very happy with the SpamAssassin. It even lets me use a
> MySQL table to store it's configurations for individual users. When I
> get around to it I will create an IC page to let my users configure
> their white_lists and such.

Oh, I am happy with it too. If Mailman were in Perl there would be
no problem, but I am not sure in python how to hack it in.

I suppose we could always filter it in the SMTP, but the machine uses
Postfix or Qmail or something else I am not familiar with, and battling
that for a day or so is not something I relish.

( Please, don't anyone bother telling me how Qmail or Postfix is easier
 than sendmail; I have been hacking Sendmail rule sets since 1991 or so
 and I can do just about anything with it so that is easier for *me*. If
 the machine were running Sendmail, we wouldn't be having this problem
 because I would have already fixed it.)

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer