[ic] divine, Inc. patent infringements

Fri Sep 20 14:08:00 2002

Quoting Christopher VanOosterhout (chris@torresen.com):

> This is interesting information.  I am hoping that someone could either
> confirm or deny that the Divine company is actually doing this. What I mean
> is that we have heard from one person who says an attorney representing
> divine has contacted them.  Is there any chance that this is just a
> hoax?  Not by the person who posted the message, but instead by someone
> looking to play a cruel joke on some small companies based on the patents
> held by divine.
>
> I guess I am wondering if anyone has a media citation about divine trying
> to enforce these patents.

I believe they are:

CHICAGO -- April 16, 2002 -- divine, inc., (Nasdaq: DVIN), a leading
provider of solutions for the extended enterprise, today announced that
it has been awarded a United States patent for Office on the Go?
technology, bringing divine?s total patent portfolio to 64 issued
patents with more than 150 additional patents pending.

> The reason I am so interested, is that I was schedule to make a call this
> week to divine to order their TrueLook product (I have been talking with
> them for weeks).  It is not cheap, but we really like it (it is tens of
> thousands of dollars) and are in the process of firming up partnerships
> with others who are interested in using a TrueLook installation at our
> location.
>
> If it is in fact true that divine is taking this action I would like to
> know, because I would not want to deal with them on the TrueLook product.

I wouldn't want to deal with blackmailers either.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry