[ic] Help with PGP Encryption

Kerri Seidler interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 20 15:53:14 2002

I am going crazy trying to get encryption working to allow email
access to full credit card account numbers to allow manual processing.
I am running Interchange in an hosted environment.

Cpanel Version/Build 5.0.0-STABLE Build 81
Operating System Linux
Apache Version 1.3.26 (Unix)

I created my keys and uploaded them and had the host upload the public
key. The path they gave me was ” /usr/local/cpanel/.gnupg”

EncryptProgram __PGP__
EncryptKey __PGP_KEY__

credit_card 1
default 1
email '__ORDERS_TO__'
encrypt 0
encrypt_program "__PGP__"
errors_to '__ORDERS_TO__'
pgp_cc_key "__PGP_KEY__"
pgp_key "__PGP_KEY__"

This is what I am using for my variables:

ENCRYPTOR (Left blank)

PGP = /usr/local/bin/gpg --no-default-keyring --always-trust --
keyring /home/cpanel/.gnupg/pubring.gpg -e -a --batch -t -r '%s'

PGP_KEY = 0FF66594

The order and confirmation email is sent, but the encryption is not
working.

Error log says “PGP failed with status 127:”

Temp file reads:

gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: /usr/local/cpanel/.gnupg/secring.gpg: can't create keyring:
Permission denied
gpg: keyblock resource `/usr/local/cpanel/.gnupg/secring.gpg': file
open error
gpg: fatal: /home/cpanel/.gnupg: can't create directory: No such file
or directory
secmem usage: 0/0 bytes in 0/0 blocks of pool 0/16384

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?