[ic] Customer coupons?

Amelie Walker interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 20 16:39:00 2002

I have a question about the customer being able to have a code that
they can enter to get a general % discount.

This works to give everybody a 10% discount:

[discount ALL_ITEMS] $s * .9 [/discount]

Just sticking the above code in the cart will give anyone and
everyone a discount, but that is not what my client wants.

How can I make it work by a coupon that the customer would enter?

This is asked all over the place when I search the archives.
However, no one seems to have ever had an answer to it.  In one place
someone makes an off-hand comment that they had figured out a way to
do it, but no one ever refers to a method.

Does anyone have any idea?  It seems like someone would have gotten
this.

Some vague references were made to creating a database of coupon
codes, but how to implement this?  I can't get anything to work.

Thanks for any input!
Amelie

Castle Builder Web Design
www.castlebuilder.com