[ic] Protx payment gateway

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 20 17:32:00 2002

> I am thinking of using the Protx payment gateway in the UK. Has anyone tried
> using Protx? or have any recommendations for payment gateway providers in
> the UK. Protx folk seem helpful and have no set up fee and charge a flat
> rate of 5p per transaction which seems like a good deal to me.
>
> Anyone got any thoughts? Experience of Protx or other UK payment gateway
> providers.

It should be simple enough to create an Interchange Payment module to
work with Protx's "VSP Direct" interface.  You can copy any of the
existing payment modules as a template.

Being in the UK myself, I have "Protx" and "Secure Trading" modules
on my TODO list.  Unfortunately, they are way down the list and are
unlikely to get their priority bumped unless (1) I find myself needing
one or the other, (2) someone hires me to do the work or (3) someone
else writes the module and donates it to the Interchange project
before I get around to it. :-)

Protx does seem like a good deal, as you said, although I've not heard
any comments from actual customers.