[ic] interchange server not running

Ron Phipps interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 20 18:46:01 2002

> From: New Revelation Ministries, Inc.
>
> Apparently, my host had to reboot the system for some upgrades they
made
> and
> this caused my Interchange to go offline or something like that. It
gave
> the
> error 404: Page Cannot Be Found. Is there any way that Interchange can
> remain enabled even through system reboots or will I have to test my
cart
> EVERY day to make sure it's still up and running?
>
> Thanks,
> Romell Weekly

Romell,

Your host should have Interchange set to startup on boot.  It will need
to startup after MySQL/Postgres and Apache.  You could also ask your
host to install 'checkds.pl'
http://freshmeat.net/projects/checkds/?topic_id=148%2C253 .  Which can
be ran every 5 minutes to verify Interchange is running.  If it is not
running it will restart the service and mail the administrator to let
them know it was started.

Good luck,
-Ron