[ic] Item Options --how?

Mike interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 20 23:26:00 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:00:50 +0100
Mark Bryant <mark@vwe.net> wrote:

> At 00:56 20/09/2002, you wrote:
> >So far I have been able to achieve using item options so long as the price
> >doesn't change.  What I am trying to build however is a store wherein
> >items that are a different size are charged higher rates, even though it
> >is the same item.  I don't want to have to set up three seperate items
> >because I don't want to have three thumbnails displayed if they all turn
> >up on a search.  Any advice here would be great, as I'm currently pounding
> >my head on my desk.
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
> >
> >Mike
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Simple options should be able to sort you out here.
>
> In "item option editor" enter the following:
>
> Name: Size
> Label: Size
>
> Then in the text area you can state your size options. (eg  Small, Medium,
> Large)
>
> S=Small
> M=Medium
> L=Large
>
> Then click "create option"
>
> That's the basic option created, now you need to organise the pricing.
>
> To do this go into "administration -> tables" and click on the options
> table. Find the option you just created. It will be coded with the same SKU
> as the item but with -Size on the end of it. eg   "PY0001-Size"
>
> Scroll down to the price field and now we are ready to enter the pricing
> optins for the various sizes:
>
> The price of the small is assumed to be the price you put in for the item
> in the first place. Then, assuming the medium is $10 more expensive than
> the small and the large is $20 more than the small the line to put in the
> size input line would be:
>
> M=10.00,L=20.00
>
> Then press OK to save
>
> What this says is: If medium or large are selected, increase the price by
> $10/$20 accordingly when adding to the shopping cart.
>
> Anyway, that should now give you 3 options for your product when viewing
> the item in your shop. The medium and large options will have the price
> difference in brackets next to them in the dropdown of options :o)
>
> eg.
>
> Small
> Medium ($10.00)
> Large ($20.00)
>

> Hope this helps :o)
>
> Mark
>

> vwe internet ltd
> EMail - info@vwe.net
> WWW - http://www.vwe.net/
> Tel - 0870 737 3369
> Fax - 0870 737 4469
> Tech Support - 0906 470 3369*
> *UK only. Calls charged at 60p/min at all times

The one question I still have is the extension off to the side.  I notice it shows how much it is adding insted of the actual price for that item.  Is there any easy way to correct this?  Again thanks for your help.  Every time I think I start to understand interchange, I find out there is so much i don't know.

Mike