[ic] HELP Please Caned an admin and now db passwords dont work

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Sep 21 02:18:04 2002

Randell J Meyer wrote:

> interchange restart
>Low traffic settings.
>Calling UI....
>..UI is loaded...
>Interchange V4.8.5
>Configuring catalog hhg...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:harmony.
>done.
>Configuring catalog hhg2...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:hhg2...done.
>Configuring catalog humble...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:humble...table
>'country' failed: connect failed -- DBI->connect(humble) failed: Access
>denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES) at
>/usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 445

On his departure, did he have access to the servers?  Did you make sure
that all of the root level accounts were secured?

IC appears to be failing to connect and the tables look like they are
authenticating against the user root, which is not the same as the root
account for your server.  There are steps, if you visit the mysql site,
for starting up mysql with all security checks disabled.  I would go
that route, set new user names and passwords, reset the DSN's in IC, and
then try to start it back up...

Make sure that your servers are secure, however, because if he was
willing to steal from you, there is no telling what damage he may also
do to your systems and site...

One last consideration, presuming it was done, is to revert to an backup
prior to him leaving...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028