[ic] Item Options --how?

Mike interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Sep 21 10:50:02 2002

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 07:56:57 +0100
Mark Bryant <mark@vwe.net> wrote:

> At 22:26 20/09/2002, you wrote:
> >On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:00:50 +0100
> >Mark Bryant <mark@vwe.net> wrote:

> > price
> > pounding

> > > Hi Mike,
> > >
> > > Simple options should be able to sort you out here.
> > >
> > > In "item option editor" enter the following:
> > >
> > > Name: Size
> > > Label: Size
> > >
> > > Then in the text area you can state your size options. (eg  Small, Medium,
> > > Large)
> > >
> > > S=Small
> > > M=Medium
> > > L=Large
> > >
> > > Then click "create option"
> > >
> > > That's the basic option created, now you need to organise the pricing.
> > >
> > > To do this go into "administration -> tables" and click on the options
> > > table. Find the option you just created. It will be coded with the same
> > SKU
> > > as the item but with -Size on the end of it. eg   "PY0001-Size"
> > >
> > > Scroll down to the price field and now we are ready to enter the pricing
> > > optins for the various sizes:
> > >
> > > The price of the small is assumed to be the price you put in for the item
> > > in the first place. Then, assuming the medium is $10 more expensive than
> > > the small and the large is $20 more than the small the line to put in the
> > > size input line would be:
> > >
> > > M=10.00,L=20.00
> > >
> > > Then press OK to save
> > >
> > > What this says is: If medium or large are selected, increase the price by
> > > $10/$20 accordingly when adding to the shopping cart.
> > >
> > > Anyway, that should now give you 3 options for your product when viewing
> > > the item in your shop. The medium and large options will have the price
> > > difference in brackets next to them in the dropdown of options :o)
> > >
> > > eg.
> > >
> > > Small
> > > Medium ($10.00)
> > > Large ($20.00)
> > >

> > > Hope this helps :o)
> > >
> > > Mark
> >
> >The one question I still have is the extension off to the side.  I notice
> >it shows how much it is adding insted of the actual price for that
> >item.  Is there any easy way to correct this?  Again thanks for your
> >help.  Every time I think I start to understand interchange, I find out
> >there is so much i don't know.
> >
> >Mike
>

> That's one thing I never managed to sort out. Ideally the inclusive price
> should be shown not just the difference as it does now. If you discover how
> to achieve this, please let me know :o)
>
> Mark

I'm sure there is an easier or cleaner way to achieve this, but I have removed the [item-price] tags from the search results and flypages(the only pages that really get used in my situatin) so that the only place a price gets displayed is in the option box.  I set my item price to 0, so the option prices are added to 0 and thus display the inclusive price.  Like I say, gotta be a better way, but this will do.  Thanks

Mike