[ic] New IC Site

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Sep 21 19:25:00 2002

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Bradley Caricofe wrote:

BC>>> Only a blank screen comes up for Mozilla 0.9.9 on RedHat 7.3 as
BC>>> well... Pretty
BC>>> hard to sell something when no one can see the site...
BC>>>
BC>>> John
BC>>
BC>>Agreed.  Does your browser support flash?  We'll work something out to
BC>>redirect the folks who have troubles with the entry page.
BC>>
BC>>thanks!
BC>>-Brad

Brad,
Just to let you know ...

I tested it with Netscape 4.77 under Linux, Slackware 8.1
I tested it with Konqueror 2.1.1 under Linux as above
I tested it with Netscape 6.1 under Win98
I tested it with Netscape 4.72 under Win98

In all 4 cases it whirred a bit, presented me with a blank screen and said
that it was done.

I tested it with IE 5.5 it wanted to download Flash which I didn't want to.
It then gave me a blank screen.

Apparently, if it can't have Flash it just sits there and pouts :-)

If I were doing this I would then send the visitor a message that the site
won't run without Flash, or a way to provide some alternate displays.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Saturday, September 21, 2002 at 19:10 PM:
To be, or not to be. *BOOM!* Not to be.

This Linux System has been up 228 hours